Yup.. I am certainly crazy now..

So today has been a nice day... Other than the ridiculous heat that is.. and the complete joke of a rain.. not even enough to put a drop into my rain barrel.. starting to wonder at the intelligence in that purchase.. I wonder if it will ever rain again.

So.. here is a picture of some of my harvest today. We have Albino Beets, Golden Beets, Detroit Dark Red Beets, White Carrots, and Purple Haze Carrots.
Photobucket

This I ended up chopping up the roots and adding two potatoes and an orange carrot from the fridge, some Thyme and a drizzle of Olive Oil.. roasting it covered for an hour.. except for the three purple carrots that Tisha and her best friend had for an afternoon snack.. Who can resist the coolness of purple carrots?
Photobucket

Dinner was lovely. I cooked the chicken in between the beet tops. This makes the beet tops tasty, and moistens the chicken in a lovely way. The greens are from the garden today as well, combined with Garlic Scapes that I scavenged from my Pastors ditch.. wild garlic is cool! Plus, we had a salad with cucumber and one of the Cherokee Purple tomatoes.. mmm Those things are unbelievably good.
Photobucket

Also, I was digging in my desk drawer and found these...
Photobucket

Now Linda Craigo tells me that Pea seeds are only good for a year.. and I swear these have been in there for about 3 or 4 years.. or so.. but I am NOT a quitter.. so I figured that since I have a nice bin of Alpaca Poop.. and a handful of Peas..
Photobucket
I have officially snapped.. yup.. you saw it here first.. I have veg growing in the front yard.

As for the back garden.. My corn has started to get tassles!
Photobucket
YAY!! Hopefully this means that my Strawberry Popcorn will do something along the lines of make me popcorn!

Also my pepper plants are doing awesome..
Photobucket

And just to finish things off I thought I'd post a picture of one of my Swiss Chard plants.. I just love the colours! I was looking at the Swiss Chard in the grocery store when I was shopping last and I was so shocked at the boring Greenness of it.. no wonder I've never eaten it before growing it! I love the pretty colours!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

a kudo's comic!