Life as usual, oh.. and a cottage trip :)

Well.. this weekend started out with a girls lunch out with my bitty girl on Friday.. I took the girlie out to the Mandarin for some lunch.. I wanted Sushi pretty badly.. she HATES seafood.. so this was the best option... The food was good as usual.. but the Shirley Temple she got was to die for!
Photobucket

At some point after we got to the cottage Andrew got ahold of my camera and they took these shots..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next morning the kids were out on the lake in record time!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These flowers grow everywhere but at my house.. and I love them.
Photobucket

The kids had to use the pedal boat next
Photobucket

Drew fell in a few times just to make Tisha laugh.
Photobucket

Apparently Uncle Gene has been keeping better track of Drew's growth than we have.. and so now we know that in the last two months the boy has grown about an inch.
Photobucket

This is the view from the A frame cottage.. what a nice view to wake up to in the morning!
Photobucket

Tisha and her cousins Eve and Gillian were busy doing manicures.
Photobucket

The boys, on the other hand, were catching crayfish, I can only wish that they had caught some big enough for me to eat..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Not sure what these flowers are.. but they seem to be some sort of Orchid. Comment if you know what they are please!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was also in love with the water lilies up there... Some of the small lakes are just covered in them.. only a few near the cottage though.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Apparently there is a huge snapping turtle living nearby.. and he likes to eat clams..
Photobucket

Going from huge to small.. I present to you what is possibly the cutest little pine tree... I think..
Photobucket

Before heading home Tisha enjoyed playing in the water for a little while.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also.. did I mention I think dragonflies are cool?
Photobucket

On the drive home we passed this "shoe tree", I find the concept rather strange and insane.. but it's cool to look at.. I have no idea how something like this starts... but there are hundreds of shoes nailed to these trees...and one bra.
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is Somerset Tract... Seems to be a man made forest..
Photobucket

Also drove past this Eyrie (?) eagle nest thing up a pole... there were babies inside and we did see momma bird leaving.
Photobucket

And just in case you came here to see pictures of my food.. When I got home I had 5 little tomatoes ripe and waiting for me and apparently it has rained! So today's lunch was a small batch of bruschetta!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

a kudo's comic!