Random memories from my childhood.

I remember playing in the snow near grandma's apartment building with Angela and Jenn. Collecting cattails and pretending we were going to cook them.

I remember going to Toronto Island (I think) with mom and dad and their friends. We took the ferry and dad's friend and dad pushed me on the swings. It was fun.

I remember learning to make scrambled eggs and how Jenn and I would make up 'smiley face restaurant' and cook breakfast for everyone from our huge menu of scrambled eggs and orange juice.

I remember tripping and losing my tooth on Grandpa's belt. I wonder where that tooth went.

I remember riding the riding lawnmower with dad and Grandpa.

I remember building a playhouse or fort at every house we moved to with dad. I remember that we had to have it all properly built with the studs spaced correctly and the correct slant on the roof so the shingles would work properly.

I remember when cabbage patch kids were so popular and mom made ones with us and we sewed the heads. I remember getting my cabbage patch kid and all the work that Angela and I did on that paper route (120 customers) to save up enough money to get them. I remember that wagon was very heavy.

I remember my paper route in Smithville, and riding my bike home with the pedal broken off. That was a long bike ride, and I am not sure but I think I may have had a friend with me.

I remember playing at Red Hill and not being able to figure out why that freaked my mom out so much.

I remember playing baseball at Roxborough Park with mom and dad and Lisa.

I remember not understanding why Rachel could sit on Dad's lap. I don't think I was allowed to bother them like that..

I remember mom babysitting TJ and making him that little tiny pasta with butter on it.

I remember going to Aunt Laura's and Uncle Toby's and doing word searches. I remember the picture of the sneaker with the red line across it that was on their back door, and I remember TJ's yellow sleepers.

I remember being really small.. and riding on a skateboard.. like a little car..vroom vroom crash.. into the telephone pole.

I remember dad letting me steer the car in the center mall parking lot.

I remember my best friend Carrie, when I was 4, and going to her house and thinking she had the best toys, and the biggest brother (he was 15) and how her parents reminded me of my grandparents. Her mom had WHITE hair! I remember stepping on a bee when I got off her swingset and getting stung between my toes. I also remember her brother throwing darts and getting one stuck in my arm. I loved her toy vaccuum.

I remember my cloth doll that I got when I was 2. I remember my toy stroller. I remember her being friends with my Holly Hobbie doll and my strawberry shortcake doll. And I remember that Holly Hobbie always had to get her eyedrops before I did. She had to go for nap with me too.

I remember one day mom babysat one of my friends in the afternoon and tried to get us to take a nap on her bed. I remember her bed had a flowery blanket and we did not go to sleep. We played the whole time.

I remember one morning getting ready for school and spilling my cereal all over my uniform and mom was pretty mad about that.

I remember mom and dad watching the news, and it was boring. We watched it anyways because that's all that was on.

I remember when dad showed us the video for Thriller.. and when Michael Jackson said Get AWAY I did.. and I dove into my mom's lap. She yelled at my dad. I was scared of Michael Jackson for years after that. I think my sister kept a poster of him on her bedroom door to keep me out of there.

I remember my parents always went for walks. When I was in JK my friend Angie and I went for a walk.. only we got really lost.. and the police had to bring us home. Mom spanked me and told me to never run away again.

I remember how big our bedroom was there. It was sooooo big! I remember the last day at Junior Kindergarten and how I cried because I'd miss my teachers.

I remember playing the farmer in the dell and bringing my Dumbo pillow for show and tell.

I remember going to see the jungle book in theater. Every time it was in theater. Well.. I don't actually remember watching it.. but I do remember the excitement when I saw the movie posters because I knew we'd go.

I remember making cookies with Grandma. I remember she always let us make the balls and push them down with the fork. I do that with my kids now and I hope they'll do it with theirs.

I remember the first time I was tall enough to go on the wooden roller coaster at Crystal Beach by myself and how happy I was because that meant I didn't have to wait for Mr.Neal and I could go on as many times as I wanted now. And I did.. I went on a LOT. I also remember Fatima Puking bubblegum ice cream on the way home and Angela holding the bag out the car window, it dripped down the side of the car. It smelled very bad. It was blue.

I remember eating liptons chicken noodle soup and thinking it was a huge treat. I still love that soup.

I also remember he kept squares of chocolate in the bottom of his fridge in a baggie. They were delicious.

I remember going on trips with mom and dad and uncle dan to islands and how we'd go for walks and we would ALWAYS find a treasure map in a bottle on the beach. We would hunt for the treasure and always find one. Once it was a treasure chest full of costume jewellery, once it was pennies! I bought a smurfs keychain with that money and had that for years. Mom would cook bacon and eggs over a fire and we would catch crayfish and Danny would scuba dive and come back with clams. We would cook all that up for dinner. It was so good….

I remember in grade 3 that no one believed me when I said I could read a chapter book in one day. My teacher would make me tell him what the book was about and give a general story line of it before he would give me another book.

I remember reading the paper and asking mom what a big word meant and that is when mom discovered I could read. It was something like government and I remember it was tricky to sound out. I remember the first book I read was "in a people house" by dr.seuss and how I loved that I could remember the words because the pictures gave clues. I don't ever remember not being able to read though.

I remember playing in Grandma's hot tub, and playing with her pool table. I remember her constant reminders to be careful so that we didn't crack the slate or rip the fabric.

I remember jumping on dad when he was lying on the floor. That was such a fun game. I remember him tossing me into the air too.

I remember jumping off of my bunkbeds and mom always yelling that we'd get hurt and to stop that.. I remember not believing her because we had so many blankets to land in that we'd never get hurt.

I remember the speak and spell and playing with that. I remember I used to sit on the lower bunk after we made it into a fort by hanging a blanket over the top bunk and playing with it in the dark. I remember I had to sleep on the top bunk because Angela was scared of it.

I remember once Angela locked me out of the house because I was chasing her. .. and I had to pee.. and she wouldn't let me in. I remember I peed in my pants. They were corduroys. Angela got in big trouble for that.

I remember when my cat got hit by a car and being mad at mom for not letting me say goodbye before she buried her. I bet she looked awful though and mom buried her fast so I wouldn't see. But I remember walking around with my friends after that and crying. That was my first cat that was mine… she was mean as anything and probably hated me.. but I loved her because she was mine.

I remember my parents selling my swingset and being really upset about that.. I don't remember ever playing on it though. That same yard sale I had a pile of books I was selling for 25 cents each and I had all my change in different sections of my sandcastle bucket. I have no idea how much money I made that day but I felt rich.

I remember going to my cousins house to sleep over and just spending hours in their bedroom reading all their books. They had the WHOLE sesame street set! I remember wishing I could make the recipe for the alphabet cookies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

ways to stretch a dollar..

who was trying to hack into my blogger?? was it you??