chocolate milk.....

This morning was nice... I took Joey to the park.. We walked over to the market... and then to the library... It's good to be busy.. though I don't know why the market decides to charge more for veggies that look to be seconds.. than the grocery store charges.. seriously people.. if I can get a basket of peaches from Zehrs for 2.99$ what makes you think I'll pay you 4.50$??? Idiots... same thing with tomatoes.. at the market.. she'd give them to me CHEAP for 10$ a bushel.. IF I buy 3 bushels.. (never mind that I don't have enough jars to can 3 bushels.. or time in a week) But I saw bushels at Zehrs as low as 7.99$.... and I only had to buy ONE!!!! I bet you can guess where I got my tomatoes from...
On with the story... all we ended up getting at the market was a cookie and a spinach pastry... (funny story in this too..) We went up to the bakery guy.. and he's got these plastic dome lids over his wares... (good wares too.. a tad over priced.. but good) and I notice that the lids.. seem to have the opposite of the intended effect... they seem to be keeping the bees IN... this does not bode well.. so I chose something out of a dome that did not have bees flying around in it.. and off we went to the library... where we got our drinks.... Apple juice for me.. and Chocolate milk for Joey.. during our little sit at the library cafe (we had to wait 15 minutes for the library to open.. for some reason they don't open until 10) Joey commented that you make chocolate milk by putting chocolate in milk... and I commented that you have to add sugar too... keep this in the back of your head.. you'll need it later...
We went in the library and chose a nice book for me to read to Joey.. lift the flaps.. really fun.. Joey has a really hard time just sitting still and listening.. so I folded the book up and went upstairs to see if I could find a book with the eternal secret of the round head.. (has to do with the dolls I make.. there is a secret somewhere about how to make the heads round without seams or wrinkles..) key word here is secret.. and apparently they don't have any idea at the library either.. so I chose a book called sewing for dummies.. there's got to be some stuff I'm missing.. ( I keep hearing what are so called common sense tips.. that have never occurred to me) and a book called "see you in grade 2" for Drew and Joey got a really cool looking book that I can't think of the name for right now.. and a Owl magazine MAD science video...
On the way home I heard a honk and noticed that my good friend Michael was in the car behind me.. COOL!! I haven't seen him in ages.. and when I got home Vic and Virginia were finally here to do the siding on my house.. YAY!!! and who pulled up to visit but MIKE!!!! Life is GOOD!!! So Vic offered to take my big pile of garbage down to the dumpster.. YAY!!! the big pile is now out of my drive way... My house looks 70% less white trash!!! Now if I could just get rid of all the kids toys... (it's just a matter of time really..) and I invited Mike in for a coffee... Showed him my garden and gave him a jar of my rosemary apple cider jelly for him to try out later.. Showed him my Abby.. (that's my doll I made) and he was impressed..
After Mike left I went downstairs with Joey to watch the video from the library.. Fascinating.. really cool science stuff.. Joey really likes the static electricity making the hair stand on end.. and after that I came up to check my email.. After a few minute I notice Joey is being really really quiet.. so I ask him "What are you doing Joey?" and he responded "I made a little bit of a mess mommy"..... you guessed it.. he was trying to make chocolate milk... there was about 2 cups of sugar poured out on the floor.. and the rest of it was in his cup.. with some milk.. and the left over crumbs from the swingset party... (chocolate of course) he was making chocolate milk....

THANK GOD FOR DUST BUSTERS!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

ways to stretch a dollar..

who was trying to hack into my blogger?? was it you??