the turkey says COCK A DOODLE DOO!!!!!

Well.. I've had another interesting morning at JK.... today was our thanksgiving party.. which translated means.. I got to stuff paperbags full of popcorn and staple turkey heads on em.. and then I got to share the food.. which rocked!!
So almost at the end of the meal it was time to take photo's of the kids for their memory books.. and the thought occurs to me.. maybe we shoulda done pictures BEFORE the grape juice... and we're doing the pictures with their little turkeys that they (read "me") made.. and Isabella starts crowing like a rooster.. COCKADOODLEDOO.. while making her turkey move like he's making the noise.. so I try to explain that turkeys say GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE... but seriously.. none of them would beleive me.. and the next thing you know.. the whole room is a chorus of COCKADOODLEDOO's and LOUD.. and I've totally lost control.. Teacher saves the day... shut off the light.. silence.. why the heck didn't I think of that???
We had been sent in some very nice fruit and veggie trays.. but looking at it I could see a few things that might be a problem.. Radishes... Kiwi's...pineapple.. and some strange fruit that I don't recognize the look or taste of.. the first round with the kiwi's .. maybe 3 kids took some... and the rest wouldn't even try it... ( I took some because they're SO healthy I'd feel guilty NOT eating some) and so I figure rather than throw out the perfectly good kiwi... I'd make a game for myself of getting these kids to eat it.. "So who here is BRAVE enough to try this green stuff??" That netted me 2 kids who had to prove themselves... who also decided they LIKE kiwi.. and so the next step is "HEY EVERYONE.... BREANNA TRIED KIWI AND SHE LIKES IT!!!!, who else would like some kiwi..?" which resulted in the rest of the kiwi disappearing.. and lots of kids showing me their green goo while they were chewing it... just so I could tell them how awsome they were for trying it.. for some reason it didn't work with pineapple. .maybe they were just too full??
Drew also had his trip to the pumpkin farm today.. (celina too) and from what I hear it was a really awsome trip. There was a big robot dinosaur made out of pumpkins and it had dinosaur kids made of wood.. and there was a 3000 lb pumpkin.. and bee hives.. and hay rides.. and they got to bring home ghost pumpkins.. which if you have never seen them .. they are white.. excellent for jack o lanterns.. so I go to pick the kids up and Drew shows me his pumpkin and informs me that he got a ghost pumpkin because "those are the best kind for pumpkin pies" (ack.. does the child want me to cook??? what the heck is wrong with a nice jackolantern and canned pie filling?)
Now the first 3 years Drew has gone on this trip he has come back with a tiny itty bitty pumpkin.. so I was thinking today.. walking would not be a problem.. so I didn't bring anything to carry the pumpkins home in... I was expecting.. I dunno.. 6 inch pumpkins.. like last time.. only to show up and find 2 kids with pumpkins they can barely lift... and me with no way other than their backpacks to get them home... (it was actually funny watching Drew with his backpack on his front and him walking like a 9 months pregnant lady..lol) Gotta give the kids credit though... Celina didn't cry at all.. and Drew only cried half way home.. .....
I ended up sleeping for the afternoon in the basement.. not sure what's going on with me lately.. been totally exhausted... Like, sure, I had that sinus infection last week.. but shouldnt I feel a little perkier now?? Other things worrying me right now... got a weird pain in my boob... not anything I've ever experienced before.. feels like a cross between being kicked.. and a blister... doctor says it's nothing... (at least not to worry about it if it goes away on it's own within 2 weeks...) (great.. 2 weeks to panic about that) and .... yup... the ever elusive period... and don't go thinking I'm pregnant either.. cause I did a test and it said not... but it gets me wondering if my hormones are out to get me.... maybe I'm not technically bipolar.. maybe I just have wacky hormones.. (but why???) and the doctor suggested maybe going on the pill would help with that... (it's been a few months in a row now) and I'm thinking in my head.. ya right.. like I want 2 periods a month... (cause that's what happens when I go on the pill and my cycle does this... ) I dunno... I guess it' s a game of wait and see...
This is really cool.. my dad called me up and invited me over for thanksgiving on monday.. YAY and even better is that matt and the kids will be home again by then :) so it's gonna be a good time!! Kelly says she found another CPK for me.. sounds like another Sammie.. which is cool.. since Sammie and Michael J are brothers.. and Michael J has a twin.. now Sammie will have a twin.. and I can make them all matching outfits.. it'll be fun.. lol Kelly reminded me to bring over the pattern for the crocheted CPK clothes.. I really gotta remember to bring it this time... I bought it off of ebay especially for this purpose.. but every time I go over there.. I forget to bring it.. kinda I guess like forgetting the bathing suits the other day.. Dunno where my brain goes sometimes..
So this afternoon I just had Joey... and it occurs to me that if I just have my own kids.. the world seems so quiet and I don't know what to do with myself... It makes me wonder sometimes if my life would be easier if I didn't babysit... not that that's ever gonna happen... I've babysat since I was 13.. and have never had a reason to want to stop.. it keeps me in pocket money.. and keeps me out of my bank account. It's nice right now cause I have one that pays me the day I babysit.. so I've almost always got $10 on me.. and the other pays me weekly.. so I've got grocery money between pays.. (which now that I'm not buying gas is enough to get food with lol)
I went out to see the exorcism of emily rose yesterday.. weird movie.. not sure who I'm kidding when I think I can handle movies like that... (as long as I put my hands over my ears in the scary bits I'm ok) Still it was a kinda freaky movie.. more because I could relate to the sensing bad spirits around... and them scaring the heck out of me..
We finally got satellite installed for the tv.. got a really awsome package.. only 33.98$ a month.. for like 150 channels.. and 10 free pay per view credits.. so the first night what is on but SIN CITY.. (I love that movie.. it's so comic book) so I talked matt into watching it with me.. he didn't like it.. oh well.. hence why I went to the exorcism of emily rose without him... just not his type of film at all...
The main thing I'm missing about my car... going to the pool...I coulda really gone for a swim today..... but I didn't wanna bug my dad for a ride... so I stayed home and slept instead... wasn't worth it.. I'm still tired anyways.. Maybe I should start making coffee in the mornings again..
So anyways... it looks like it's gonna be a good thanksgiving after all.. and if anyone asks you what turkeys say... tell them you have it on the good authority of 16 JK kids.. that they say COCKADOODLEDOO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

a kudo's comic!