Matt says I need to update my blog....

Well.. sorry it's been so long.. I've been sick.. and busy :)
It's been a fun bit of time.. have had a week off of work now because of a sinus infection.. and when I say off of work.. I mean.. I couldn't even babysit.. I was THAT sick....ick.. I HATE getting sick..
Things at the school have quieted down.. most of the trouble makers have been moved to the afternoon class.. something to do with them being in daycare anyways.. and because of that being more flexible.. though I find it kinda funny that for the most part.. only the REALLY bad kids got put in the afternoon.. with Heba thrown in to make up for it... (she's a complete little sweetheart)... I'm not sure why Muslims would put their kid into a catholic school.. but hey.. it's their decision..
We spent the last couple days putting together turkey bums with the JK class... see.. they're going to be making turkeys out of paper bags.. filled with popcorn.. and we were making the turkeys butts for the last 2 days.. WHAT FUN!!! not.. there's nothing quite like getting 10 kids a day to do a craft that they totally don't want to do... hit the paper with the crayon twice.. "ok I'm done!!" "no you're not" hit the paper with the crayon 2 more times "ok I'm done!!" "no you're not" and so on and so on.. you get the picture.. and btw.. the turkey must have more than 4 feathers too... so you're not done THAT either...
Drew's homework is going along a lot better than usual.. now that he's on ritalin it's like I've got a totally different kid... and I really really like this one.. a lot.. But it gets really frustrating still.. when I tell him something.. and think he's got it.. and then 5 minutes later he's totally forgotten the whole idea.. and I have to explain it again.... I really am starting to worry that he has a serious learning disability.. and also contemplating private school.. which I have no idea how I would pay for.. so that he can work at his own pace and have a hope in hell of catching up... I don't understand why the school won't just hold him back... I think if he did grade one over this year.. he might actually get it.. but he has no hope in hell of figuring out the grade 2 stuff. and I just feel like I'm setting him up for failure.. I know he's not stupid.. but he's gonna get feeling that way if I leave him where he is... the kid can remember everyone's hubcaps for crying out loud.. why can't he remember what S looks like..?? and shouldn't he be able to count to 20 by 7 years old?? maybe I should be spelling this all out in hubcaps...
Matt and the kids are going to the cottage this weekend... without me... :( I feel like I could cry.. I have absolutely no plans for thanksgiving.. and no one right now who I feel like I could invite myself over to join.. it's normally one of my favorite holidays.. and this year it looks like I'll be working over time to make up the hours I missed.. and eating swiss chalet in the cafeteria at work..
I'm scheduled for the next 40 hours solid.. with about 7 hours put aside for sleep.. nothing like not giving yourself time to think.. I have to make the kids lunch.. do some housework.. babysit Riley all afternoon.. go to the school for 2:54 (gotta love THAT dismissal time) get Riley on the bus and pick up Drew and Celina walk back home.. (Celina WILL NOT ride a bike.. so we are walking.. blah.. at least they have a ride in the morning now :) ) do homework with the kids until 5:30 and then maybe I have to make dinner.. maybe Matt will be home soon enough to do it.. then I gotta shower and get ready for work.. and go to work til 12 then come home pass out and wake up at 7:30 am and do it all over again tomorrow.. maybe thursday I can get a nap in... I'm planning on doing some extra hours each night this week.. going in to work 7-11 wed-fri which should make up for the time I took off last week... almost.. not that I want to go in.. at all.. the place is so understaffed right now.. the red light never goes away.. there is no break between calls.. and the stupid way they have us dispositioning our calls has made my handle time go so high that I'm losing out on $1 an hour that I was getting before..
Sunday we had planned on having Matt's aunt over for dinner.. but she called up and was feeling sick.. and we already had the roast in the oven.. so we invited over our friends instead.. which went well enough.. how could it not.. there's nothing quite like roast beef and horseradish.. mmmmm.. . I figured out now something I love about the colder weather... sunday roasts!! mmmm... I wonder where the leftovers ended up??? probably frozen.. I should dig em out for lunch..mmmm...
Yesterday I was so worn out.. I slept all afternoon.. and then when dinner time came around.. I really was too tired to cook yet.. and I finally got paid for watching Riley.. so I ordered chinese food.. and let me say.. that is the best chinese food I have EVER had!!! we got it from the COZY over on lake street... and if you're in town here.. you really should try their cantonese chow mein... and egg rolls.. and wonton soup.. OMG they are fabulous.. I just finished having the rest of the chow mein for lunch.. I think Matt made off with the rice... silly man.. doesn't he know how much I love cold chinese food rice???? oh well...
I am quite stressed about the lack of job stability where we are now... our jobs are always subject to "corrective action up to and including termination" which means if you keep screwing up on the same stupid little thing.. you get fired.. even if you are a model employee otherwise.. So I'm playing out in my head what the heck we'd do if either one of us lost a job... and quite frankly.. I don't know how good Matt would be at babysitting... if I had to go to work full time.. and I'm not so sure I'd wanna go back to the gas station.. if I lost my job...
The ebay sales are going ok.. I've had 2 non paying bidders so far.. which is kinda sad really.. I had already put the postage on the box.. and 3 weeks later.. no payment.. relist.. relist.. relist again.. blah.. The one dress I relisted ended up going for 3$ more than it did the first time.. so that worked out well.. the doll I just relisted.. not sure how that's gonna do.. since I forgot the main rule.. have it end on friday night... oh well.. as long as I get my money back for the postage that's already on the box.. I don't care.. I've decided not to use my credit card anymore for my cabbies.. if I want something I have to have a balance in my paypal account... which means I gotta sell stuff if I want stuff.. seems to be a safer way to go about collecting..
I'm not sure if I mentioned that I finally got my first softie.. (soft sculpture cabbage patch kid by Xavier Roberts.. with his REAL signiture on her butt) and I"m quite happy with her.. but it's also kinda sobering.. and also.. gives me lots of ideas of where I've got to improve the dolls I make.. shorter arms.. shorter legs.. smaller heads.. and I REALLY gotta work on my sculpting.. ALOT...
I've got a friend wanting to buy one of my dolls I made.. but the catch is I have to mail her from the states.. and since my car busted.. I have no way any time soon to get over there.. which is totally frustrating.. I may just ask her what price she thinks is fair with shipping included.. and go with that.. What I think is really weird.. is the ones I make.. really seem to fit kids clothes a lot BETTER than the originals... my Rachel.. she's so fat.. that she has to wear a bigger size than actually fits... so her shorts are way long.. I'm thinking I need to make her a dress... but give me time.. I need sleep first...
I'm also supposed to get in gear and make my CPK's a halloween costume for the sewing club.. and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do for that... I may try out the lion costume... that might be fun.. though I have no idea how I'm going to get fabric and whatnot when I've had a week off of work.. blah.. I gotta go make the kids lunch now..
So as you can see... I"m busy.. busy busy busy.... but Matty wants me to update my blog so he can know what's going on in my life... so honey.. this one's for you :) love ya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

who was trying to hack into my blogger?? was it you??

ways to stretch a dollar..