Another wonderful day in junior kindergarten.....

Today was Grape Day... for anyone who doesn't live in St.Catharines.. this might totally perplex you.. actually.. I'm from Hamilton.. so it totally perplexes me too.. Everyone around here has this big deal about the Grape and Wine festival... (They've really changed the name to the WINE FESTIVAL it's better for tourism) Where mr.Grape wanders around and plays with the kids.. and the adults get smashed... and watch really crappy (and sometimes good so I hear but has yet to be proven) bands.. (maybe they like it cause they're drunk??) The whole city is in an uproar because they're kicked grape out of the title.. and in doing so have alienated anyone under the legal drinking age.. and those people allergic to alcohol.... (like me)
So in junior kindergarten each year.. the teacher has a little grape party.. where the kids get to try all these different grape things.. white grapes, purple grapes, seedless grapes, seedy grapes, purple grape juice, white grape juice, grape jelly... and of course.. grape jello jigglers....
Of COURSE I agreed to volunteer to help in the class for this... (cause I'm freaking nutso....) Let me tell you.. I had NO IDEA that many kids dislike grapes... apparently I'm not the ONLY one who has no use for a grape and wine festival... we filled an entire garbage can with what the kids did not eat... ick.. and we have enough juice and crackers for parties for the rest of the year.. funny thing about that is.. I was in class 2 days ago.. and the teacher is looking through what people have agreed to bring.. and asked me to pick up a bottle of white grape juice.. since no one else had agreed to bring it.. and when I asked if she needed white grapes as well.. she said no.. lots of people already were.. so... today. I brought both.. just to be safe.. and a good thing too.. cause when I got there.. there were 6 full size bottles of white grape juice.. and no white grapes.. hell if I'd have known that.. I would have kept the juice for myself.. that stuff is expensive... ( I am cheap and usually make my own lemonade out of 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar to a pitcher of water)
For some reason it has been decided that no one is to ever try to remove Gus from his food... this child is psycho.. The first day of school he hit and bit and screamed and cried.. because we wanted him to change into his indoor shoes... or to share.. or just about any thing else you could think of... the second day.. less severe.. but still scary... today he seems to be doing a lot better... he only had to be removed from the class once... ... ... if that was my kid.. I'd be suicidal.. or he'd be dead.. one or the other.. so what I'm trying to figure out is why every other child has to throw the remainder of their snack back into their back pack.. but Gus gets to just sit there... for an extra 10 minutes... with a special person in the class to just make sure he has enough time to finish.. when he's gonna have pizza at daycare in 15 minutes anyways.... stupid freaking parents... here's a little tip for you people... your children will have to learn to function in society at some point.. a little discipline won't kill them.. I don't care how happy you want your child to be.. he's gonna be miserable when reality kicks him in the face later... better get him used to it young.... ... ... @#$@# I hate parents that spoil their kids like that.. "oh he's only running away from class because he's not happy here.. you have to be more patient and make him more happy here.. then he won't run away.." how about this.. your kid needs a beating... blah..
I stayed up all night sewing clothes for my dolls.. I feel pretty good cause I finally finished an outfit I had cut out ... geez.. months ago.. lol.. (nothing quite like procrastination) and Joey's overalls for michael J... he was so happy to see those this morning.. :) YAY and I've been working on a dress for celina this afternoon.. I did't realize that the fabric was so thin though.. so I'm not totally happy with how it turned out.. oh well. can't have perfection all the time..
I'm supposed to go out for a date with Matt tonight.. should be fun.. minigolf and bowling.. though with the way things are going we may be taking the kids along.. and that should be FUN (NOT!!) I ran into a friend at the park yesterday.. and he said he could sit tonight.. but I haven't heard from him since to see if he's coming or at what time... so we'll see.. either way a nice evening away from the house sounds good...
I have been trying to get a decent nights sleep for weeks now.. and now I realize the problem.. someone has brought my pillow downstairs.. and the dog is using it for a bed... ewwww..... that's gonna need to go in the wash...
The possiblities of me getting a nap anytime in the next day or so are slim to none as well... we've had people here putting new siding on the house.. (this was supposed to be done last summer... but.. well.. hey I dunno the excuse.. apparently is was too hot.. and then too cold and then too hot again...damned seasons) and they're banging and banging on the walls.. making my pictures jump off... and then the neighbours kids are playing basketball.. blah.. and then it's gonna be time to go out.. hopefully if I keep myself up until bedtime.. I won't be sucked into the computer.. and I'll go to sleep tonight.. not that I'll be able to sleep without my pillow anyways.. blah..
Got a postcard from grandma today... she's in ireland.. apparently there's lots of parties and dancing and chefs and parties and wonderful hotels.. and she's going to an irish pub... and a boat cruise.. man I wish I coulda gone too.. it sounds beautiful.. a musical tour.. apparently there's gonna be some singing involved... sounds so far like a really good time to party it up :) silly grandma.. hope she's having a blast...
I'm finally getting used to the bike a bit.. though it still hurts like heck whenever I sit down on the seat.. in fact.. when ever I sit down at all I notice that my ass is a bit sore... I am really gonna have to look into getting a gel seat.. I think it would be a lot nicer.. biking.. that is.. if I hadn't already gotten used to having a car.. "If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor" - James... I was actually nearly enjoying the feel of it on the way home from the library yesterday... and I'm noticing I'm spending time downtown again.. I went to the park.. and the market and the library... had a really good chat with the lady at the market.. she sews items for children.. dresses, jammies, hats, bibs, etc.. and we got talking about sewing machines.. (god how I would love a new sewing machine, mine is possessed by the devil I swear) and she was talking about how she got hers from sears... and it was all spread out over about a year.. and that way very affordable... ($2500 sewing machine..) ya right... maybe right after I buy a car.... guess I get to keep using beezlebub for a while yet... ack.. I've been having these crazy fantasies about getting a serger.. but that isn't going to happen either..
OMG my house is a mess.... I have no idea where to even start... it seriously looks like a tornado went through it... which is sad.. cause I could spend all day cleaning it.. and by the next day.. it would look just about the same as it does now.. Please God.. teach my family to put garbage in the garbage can.. and fliers in the recycle can... and dirty undies in the laundry.. and for pete's sake.. teach joey to quit locking the baby kittens inside his toy trucks...
You know.. it's funny now.. cause since Drew got on medication I've noticed how naughty Joey is... I think I was just so used to both of them being insane that when one got sane.. the other seems so much worse... I'm almost thinking I should go get him diagnoses ADHD too... before grade one... just so he doesnt fall behind as well....then again.. maybe with joey it's just a lack of discipline... on my part.. .. .. who knows...
hmmm... I wonder what tonight will really bring... I always have one thing planned.. but it rarely works out that way.... wish me luck :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

a kudo's comic!