Acorns for the squirrels...

We ended up going to find the trail we couldn't find at night... turns out we were in totally the wrong neighbourhood.. so that would explain it.. the trail wasn't on the island... more like across from the island.... and not so much a trail.. as a level spot between peoples yards and the lake... but still .. an incredible view... and we found some wild grapes and acorns... I collected the grapes and made juice out of them for the kids.. not bad really.. but a bit of an aftertaste.. kinda like when you eat wild grapes.. only not as strong.. and we got a bag full of acorns to bring to the park for the squirrels...
Last night we had friends over for dinner and watched some Penn and Teller DVD's ... we ended up at the creationism episode of "bullshit"... and that's pretty much where it god weird... myself.. I have very little faith in science... my hubby and friend both seem to beleive in science... I figure science has been proved wrong enough times.. and the bible proved right enough times.. that I"ll just beleive what I beleive and wait for science to catch up... they keep saying the flood didn't happen either... but I don't beleive them on that either.. Explain to me how that story got into so many different societies... if it didn't happen.. honestly.. no one alive on earth can say definitively exactly what DID happen.. so do I beleive these scientists who have been working on it for decades... or actual accounts that may have been passed down for generations from thousands of years ago..... I dunno..
Matt's all stressed about his job... they've changed his hours around again.. now he's going to be 10-6pm.. which is a pain in the ass since I have to start at 6:30pm... doesn't exactly give us time to eat dinner together... at least it's only 2 days a week... and he'll be home until 9:45 am.. which means I have to get in the car 3 times before noon.. which is also kind of annoying... oh well.. at least we have jobs that pay the rent... and safe jobs too.. where no one will stick a gun in my face... if you want to see articles on one my robberies from my old job check here..
So this morning I was all revved up to go feed the squirrels.. and got all the acorns together.. and got to the park.. and didn't see a single damned squirrel... stupid little buggers... they don't seem to understand I wanted to feed them.. oh well....
The school called.. they wanted to see if I am ok with Drew changing to another class.. one with less kids.. which on one hand would be great.. but he's got a teacher right now that he adores.. and is a man.. and I always learned better with teachers I adored... so I'm kinda torn what to do.... leave him with a teacher he might learn from.. or put him in a smaller class with a teacher he may not like but he would maybe get more one on one time from... The principal also said with enrollments and such.. the classes may end up the same size anyways... I guess I'll just leave him for now... the principal sounded really annoyed that I wouldn't move him though... geez I wish I had a direction book on the right thing to do when trying to raise kids....
I still haven't gotten around to trying on those clothes.. and the laundry needs doing.. and I want to do some sewing today too.. but I'm probably deluding myself that that will happen... I was also supposed to go for a trip out to the garden center and happy rolphs.. but I don't think that's happenning either.... oh well... better start something.. I'm going to go do dishes now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm just burnin doing the neutron dance!

a kudo's comic!